Senior VR Engineer
Location:Montreal - VR
With offices in LA, NY and London, Framestore VR is expanding to open a new Montreal VR Studio to create unique and high quality VR and AR content. Our focus is to marry beautiful Hollywood caliber visual content with AAA interactive experiences.
If you have a passion for building cutting edge immersive experiences in VR, AR and Digital production, come work with us.
We love to develop new technologies, explore new narrative techniques and test new modes of interaction. Our goal is to push the potential of the medium across present and future headsets.
The VR Engineer needs to be passionate about new technology, programming and creating amazing and structured code.
- Develop clean, optimized high and low level code for different platforms, mostly in the Unreal and Unity game engines;
- Maintenance of code, including troubleshooting, optimization, and keeping a strong focus on user interfaces and the underlying workflows;
- Identify technical issues and solving complex problems with innovative solutions;
- Research innovative ideas to improve efficiency and satisfy technical requirements;
- When needed, work with producers and technical leads to provide input for the budgeting process for technical elements;
- Across the group provide research and technical liaison between offices, and, where possible, share knowledge and facilitate communication between them;
- Draw upon technical understanding to practically solve client problems alongside the growing Framestore Montreal team.
- Strong C++ skills, proficient with Python and C#;
- Comfortable with shader programming (cg/hlsl/glsl);
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 preferred, Unity and other game engines a plus;
- Familiar with the Digital Creation tools used for game assets;
- Familiarity with engine build systems and their scripting languages;
- Experience with setting up and maintaining repositories with Perforce or equivalent;
- Strong math and physics skills.