Pipeline/Tools Engineer – VR
Location:Montreal - VR
With offices in LA, NY and London, Framestore VR is expanding to open a new Montreal VR Studio to create unique and high quality VR and AR content. Our focus is to marry beautiful Hollywood caliber visual content with AAA interactive experiences.
If you have a passion for building cutting edge immersive experiences in VR, AR and Digital production, come work with us.
We love to develop new technologies, explore new narrative techniques and test new modes of interaction. Our goal is to push the potential of the medium across present and future headsets.
The Pipeline Engineer needs to be pragmatic, proactive and results-oriented with the ability to quickly transform information into creative solutions. The person we are looking for has a strong desire to improve productivity and workflow through the development of fantastic tools.
- Develop pipeline tools across Framestore's VR projects, ensuring a smooth flow from the VFX CG artists and compositors to the Development Team and through to the final delivery;
- Help to streamline the VR production workflow, taking input from all disciplines involved with the aim to increase efficiency;
- Maintenance of tools, including troubleshooting, optimization, and keeping a strong focus on user interfaces and the underlying workflows;
- Develop one-off tools as required for specific projects;
- Thorough documentation of all tools and workflows developed;
- Collaborate with the global pipeline team and sharing of knowledge and tools;
- Build the future of VR with a genuine interest in advancing technology and coming up with innovative solutions to work flows.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 preferred, Unity and other game engines a plus;
- A general understanding of networking and performance issues that arise with automated tools;
- Familiarity with Industry 3D and compositing software: Maya, Houdini, Nuke, etc.;
- Experience with the Qt application framework;
- Familiar with the DCC applications such as Nuke or After Effects;
- Experience with Shotgun or another production database.