Location: London - VR
With offices in LA, NY, London and Montreal, Framestore VR continues to create unique and high quality VR and AR content. Our focus is to marry beautiful Hollywood calibre visual content with AAA interactive experiences.
If you have a passion for building cutting edge immersive experiences in VR, AR and Digital production, come work with us. We love to develop new technologies, explore new narrative techniques and test new modes of interaction. Our goal is to push the potential of the medium across present and future headsets.
The VR Engineer needs to be passionate about new technology, programming and creating amazing and structured code.
- Develop clean, optimized high and low level code for different platforms, mostly in the Unreal and unity game engines;
- Maintenance of code, including troubleshooting, optimization, and keeping a strong focus on user interfaces and the underlying workflows;
- Identify technical issues and solving complex problems with innovative solutions;
- Research innovative ideas to improve efficiency and satisfy technical requirements;
- Draw upon technical understanding to practically solve client problems alongside the growing Framestore Montreal Digital team.
- Strong C++ skills, proficient with Python and C#;
- Experience with shader programming (cg/hlsl/glsl), an asset;
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 preferred, Unity and other game engines a plus;
- Familiar with the Digital Content Creation tools used for game assets;
- Familiarity with engine build systems and their scripting languages;
- Experience with setting up and maintaining repositories with Subversion, Perforce and/or Git;
- The ability to take existing pre-rendered photoreal quality assets and repurpose for instant interaction in game engine technology.
- Strong math and physics skills.