Lead VR Engineer
Location:Montreal - VR
With offices in LA, NY and London, Framestore VR is expanding to open a new Montreal VR Studio to create unique and high quality VR and AR content. Our focus is to marry beautiful Hollywood caliber visual content with AAA interactive experiences.
If you have a passion for building cutting edge immersive experiences in VR, AR and Digital production, come work with us.
We love to develop new technologies, explore new narrative techniques and test new modes of interaction. Our goal is to push the potential of the medium across present and future headsets.
The Lead Engineer needs to have strong leadership skills and a desire to build, inspire and grow the Montreal team as part of the Global Framestore VR organization. The superstar we are looking for works in a start up mode, builds processes, tools, workflows and pipeline from the ground up. He/she is also incredibly passionate about working within a distributed global structure with team members around the world.
- Manage, mentor and inspire a team of engineers, assign tasks and establish deadlines along with the Head of Production;
- Participate in setting timelines and deliverables for a multitude of projects, on existing and upcoming VR & AR platforms;
- Develop clean, optimized high and low level code for different platforms, including graphics, gameplay, animation, pipeline and tools, mostly in the Unreal and Unity game engines;
- Identify technical issues and solve complex problems with innovative solutions;
- Collaborate closely with other departments to implement assets in-engine.
- Strong experience with C++, C#, Python, shader languages (Cg, HLSL, GLSL);
- Solid understanding of game development, real time rendering and game engines;
- Experience in leading a team in a production environment;
- Wide knowledge of game engine systems and their implementation;
- Strong math and physics understanding;
- Excellent communication and inspiring leadership skills;
- Experience with multi-site productions.